AN EYE FOR AN EYE —
A special edition of Yesterday’s News exploring the criminal justice system at its most extreme: Inflicting the Death Penalty…
Two Doomed Fugitives
Episode 211 is truly a historic case, the story behind the first execution under the Lindbergh kidnapping law, which called for the death penalty in cases where a kidnapping victim is taken across state lines, even if they remain unharmed. So when a pair of fugitives takes hostage a pair of small-town policemen in their own car… Well, you know that’s not going to end well. This is also a historic episode because since it’s a federal case, we have our first guest appearance of a President of the United States, except for that time we tried to steal Lincoln’s body in episode 59.
For more information about the Lindbergh Kidnapping, give “A Ladder At The Window”, Episode 113, a listen.
- Hosted by Wondery. @wonderymedia
- Member of the BombPod Media Network. @bombpod
- It’s time to step up your watch game. Join the MVMT!
- ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
- You can eat like a gourmet and cook like a chef in your own kitchen with Blue Apron, a better way to cook. @BlueApron
Story compiled from the reports of the The Paris News, The Miami Daily News-Record, The Abilene Reporter, The Casper Star-Tribune, The Arizona Republic, The Corsica Daily Sun, The Chillicothe (Missouri) Constitution Tribune, and the Salt Lake Tribune.
- Theme music performed by Dave Sams and Rachel Schott, engineered by David Hisch at Third Street Music.
- Media management by Sean R. Jones
- Production assistance by Emily Simer Braun