AN EYE FOR AN EYE —
A special edition of Yesterday’s News exploring the criminal justice system at its most extreme: Inflicting the Death Penalty…
A Foul Deed In Ft. Thomas
In celebration of our 200th episode, I’m going to share one of my favorite local stories. The murder itself took place a state over, but one of the convicted murderers lived for a time in my hometown, and the sad story of Pearl Bryan is well-known in the three states involved, with many dubious legends and rumors abounding, and it’s said that her spirit haunts a Northern Kentucky nightclub. But what I really like about this story is that it has one of the most remarkable descriptions of an execution that I’ve come across. Enjoy.
- Hosted by Wondery. @wonderymedia
- Member of the BombPod Media Network. @bombpod
- Simple Contacts. They don’t call it simple for nothing.
- Incidental music by Nico Vettese
- Theme music performed by Dave Sams and Rachel Schott, engineered by David Hisch at Third Street Music.
- Media management by Sean R. Jones
- Production assistance by Emily Simer Braun